12 Surprising First Jobs Held By US Presidents
Submitted by VimageBuilder on Sun, 02/19/2017 - 18:24
1 . George Washington started working as a surveyor in Shenandoah Valley at age 16
2. John Adams took his first job as a schoolmaster in Worcester, Massachusetts.
3. The 3rd president of the US, Thomas Jefferson was a lawyer in the General Court in Williamsburg, Virginia.
4. Abraham Lincoln’s first job was as a clerk in a general store in New Salem, Illinois.
5. Andrew Johnson was an apprentice tailor for his mom
6. James Garfield was a boat driver and a Christian preacher.
7. Lyndon B. Johnson worked as a shoe shiner and a goat herder
8. Richard Nixon worked as a chicken plucker and ran a game booth
9. Ronald Reagan was a circus worker and a superstar lifeguard
10. Bill Clinton was a grocer and a comic book salesman
JP Yim/Getty Images
11. George W. Bush was a landman in the oil industry
Ronald Martinez/Getty Images
12. Barack Obama was an ice cream scooper for a Honolulu Baskin-Robbins.